Workbench error

When I'm trying to open Ansys Workbench it gives this error message.

any solution for this problem.

Thanks

Ibrahim

Comments

• mmadoremmadore Forum Coordinator

@bobabbas Can you share the full text of your C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\install.log and install.err files. Please also open a Windows command prompt and run the command "set PATH" (without the quotes) and send the full output.

Thanks

Matt

• I reinstalled ANSYS products on local disk (C:) a new error message appeared as you can see

and in ANSYS.inc there is no install.err there are 2 .txt files (install.txt and install_licconfig.txt) i attached them here.

regarding what you did ask me to run on command prompt, this was the output when i run "set PATH"

Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

Thank you very much

Ibrahim

• @mmadore i installed ANSYS 2019 and when trying to launch workbench an error message appears:

install.err file gives this output:

>>>--------------------------------------->

ANSYS installation: Mon Oct 19 11:55:52 2020

Revision: 2019 R2

###### Error #######

Error executing configuration script 'C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp1900\config\AnsConfigCommon.tcl'

'"C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp1900\tcl\bin\winx64\tclsh.exe" "C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp1900\config\AnsConfigCommon.tcl" -installdir "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc" -rev 194 -dotrev 2019 R2 -scripttosource "C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp1900\config\ConfigCommon.tcl" -sourcedir "C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp1900" -os_lang en-us -install ' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): 

Unknown error

Exit Code: 1

child killed: segmentation violation

while executing

"exec $cmdPath -install"

invoked from within

"if { $config == 1 || $unconfig == 1 } {

set config_dir "$installDir\\v$revn\\commonfiles\\configs"

if { [ string compare -nocase "$env(ANSYS_SYS..."

(file "C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp1900\config\AnsConfigCommon.tcl" line 25)

and at the command prompt when issuing 'set path' this is what i get as output

Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\110\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

thank you

ibrahim

• mmadoremmadore Forum Coordinator

With the installation error I would expect there to be issues with running the application. Can you please uninstall and delete C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\v194. Then, download a new copy of the installer, extract the zip file, and run the setup.exe. Make sure you right-click and select "Run as administrator" to run the setup.exe.

Thanks

Matt