Skin Friction over an airfoil

qamarqamar Member

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum. I was looking into skin friction coefficient issues. I am doing steady analysis of an airfoil using Transition SST model. I did meshing in ICEM with yplus less than 1. I am obtaining skin friction coefficient from plot-wall flux-skin friction coefficient. But the coefficient does not matches with the literature data. My lift and drag coefficients are in good match with experimental values.

Secondly, the export of skin friction data set is plotted with random lines in the graph. I do not know the issue.

What may be the issue with skin friction coefficient?. Am I plotting it the wright way? Kindly help accordingly. Thank you very much.

Comments

• Hello,

You might be using an incorrect reference value. The skin friction coefficient uses the reference density and velocity. Please check the results with which you are attempting to compare your results, find out the their reference value, and use the same value in Fluent.

Regarding your second question - could you please share a screenshot of the plot here. Please embed the screenshot directly into the post.

Thank you.

Karthik

• qamarqamar Member

Hi Kremella,

Thank you very much for your reply. Sorry for the late response. I am considering the same values of density and velocity in Reference values in Fluent, but still I am not obtaing the desired results. I will look into it again.

Secondly, I am attaching the pictures of fluent Cf and Cf plotted after data is exported in .csv format. You can see the strange lines in the plot.

Thank you.

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

I saw these kind of lines if one is exporting node values and /or wrong line (duplicated lines). Is you mesh 2D or 3D? Are you exporting along a line (edge) or surface? If surface I can think that you get these kind of plots.

• qamarqamar Member

Thank you for your rely. I am taking airfoil surface, this may be the reason. I will take upper and lower surface separately. I will look into it.

Thank you.

• Yes, that should definitely help.