I would like to ask which of you has done research on buckling restraint of submarine pipelines?

I would like to ask which one of you has done research on buckling control of submarine pipelines, for example, using sleepers to control buckling. I have built a model, but it cannot reach the experimental buckling amplitude, which is puzzling to me.

The pipe is 6 meters long and rests on sleepers

Best Answers

Answers

• First of all, thank you for answering my questions, thank you for your patience, and I will introduce some of my models.The following figure is the model data of the experiment

The following is my ansys model diagram,There is a sleeper with a height of 2mm in the middle, and the seabed plane is a rigid plane. Units 170 and 177 are used when the pipeline contacts the seabed, and units 170 and 176 are used when the submarine pipe contacts the sleeper. The initial bending degree caused by the sleeper in the middle of the pipeline is simulated by a formula.

The following is my comparison chart

I don't understand why the uplift degree of my model pipe is lower than the experimental value. I am puzzled, but there is nothing I can do.

• First of all, thank you for answering my questions, thank you for your patience, and I will introduce some of my models.The following figure is the model data of the experiment

The following is my ansys model diagram,There is a sleeper with a height of 2mm in the middle, and the seabed plane is a rigid plane. Units 170 and 177 are used when the pipeline contacts the seabed, and units 170 and 176 are used when the submarine pipe contacts the sleeper. The initial bending degree caused by the sleeper in the middle of the pipeline is simulated by a formula.

The following is my comparison chart

I don't understand why the uplift degree of my model pipe is lower than the experimental value. I am puzzled, but there is nothing I can do.

• Hello, teacher, if you can, I hope I can add some of your WeChat, I will ask you at a fixed time, I will pay a reward, I hope you can agree, my WeChat is songrixuan.