Temperature rise over a surface
I would like to find the time of temperature rise over surface 100mm away from a heating rod having a constant temperature of 100 degC.
- What should be the BCs (for the surface where temperature rise will be computed and surrounding environment)?
- How to set time step in the simulation?
- Simulation will be steady or transient thermal?
- Do I simulate this in Ansys Mechanical or Ansys Fluent?
- The air is assumed static around the heating rod.
See the problem definition in the picture attached.