realistic motor-speed simulation in maxwell

Hi everyone, I have a simple BLDC motor design in maxwell. I simulated this motor in a transient analysis to get the torque. I configured the excitations with a dataset that specifies the current for each angular position. Now I have chosen a speed of 1 deg per sec as the rotation speed for the simulation and thus get the torque curve. So far so good. Now I would not like to specify the rotational speed but would like to simulate the rotational speed resulting from the respective excitation frequency. So I want to control the motor as in real life with the current or voltage and generate a speed-torque curve as a result. Do you have to use simplorer for this or is it also easier to use directly in maxwell?

Answers

• nchodenchode Forum Coordinator
    edited November 8

Hi,

You can define the frequency as a variable (say freq) in your each phase current equation along with angular position (say gama).

Now you can define speed in your motion setup in terms of this variable(freq), since you know the number of poles of your machine.

By doing this you are making the speed defined in your motion setup to follow the frequency of supply.

Now for each gama you can get torque values at various frequencies points using which you can plot the torque speed curve for each gama.

Regards,

Navya