python.exe stopped working

AStumpfAStumpf Member
edited November 11 in Ansys Products

Hi,

I have this error when trying to import a .scdoc to Fluent: "python.exe has stopped working".

Is there any option to fix this problem? In addition, the "select file" dialog box works very slow.

Yes, the option via workbenc works. Howerever because of a better performance, I was advised to work directly in fluent.

Used Version: Ansys 2019R3 academic and Windows 10 (Version 1909)

Regards and Thanks for your time,

Arne

Comments

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

Can you try a newer vesion? Can you try exporting the Sdoc file into pmdb file and read that file In fluent meshing?

• Thank you for your prompt reply.

I can't try a new version at the moment, but I will order a newer version if that solves the problems.

"Export":

I cannot export the file to a pmdb file via Ansys-Mechanical or via spaceclaim.

It also causes the same error when I try to import a pmdb file into fluent-meshing.

Also: The "Select File" dialog box is very, very slow in fluent and when I try to close it it causes an error ("cx1950.exe is not responding").

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator

Stand alone SpaceClaim and the version in WB are slightly different. Can you run the CAD Config to make sure that's set.

• AStumpfAStumpf Member
    edited November 11

I am not sure, if I understand you right, but if i do, there should be a checkmark at "SCDM or Discovery SpaceClaim", shouldn't it?

The Question is: What exactly does the missing checkmark mean and would set the checkmark solve my problem?