How to define the temperature boundary condition at the fluid zones interface?

HenryHenry Member Posts: 2
edited November 2020 in Fluids

I want to simulate the problem using ANSYS Fluent. I have some problems of defining the temperature boundary condition at "EF". When I use wall to define "EF", the air cannot flow through air zone 1 to air zone 2. If I use conjugate interface of EF, and choose interior, the air can flow through air zone 1 to air zone 2. But the temperature boundary at "EF" cannot be defined independently. How to define the temperature at the interface "EF" of the two fluid zones and keep the fluid flow conjugating at the interface "EF"?

For my simulation I need a permeable wall between 2 fluids. Which kind of boundary condition could I use to solve this issue? Interior , internal or other...

Thank you!

Answers

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyPosts: 6,847Forum Coordinator

So you need a boundary which is behaving like interior boundary for the flow but where you set a constant temperature? I can think about that by using UDF to enforce the temperature to be that at cells left and right.

Another idea is to use a one cell think cell zone where you can fix the temperature at that zone.