ANSYS Workbench Programs Not Showing and Fluent Not Running

Hi there, 

I'm using ANSYS Academic version 2020 R2 and am having some issues with the licensing . When I initially installed, I pointed ANSYS towards my schools license servers and ran Workbench and successfully set up a working Fluent simulation. However, when I came to set up another simulation the next day I wasnt able to use workbench (all the analysis programs in on the side panel weren't there) and Fluent was giving the following error when I tried to run it: 

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:Capability Fluent Solver does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.

None of the products enabling this capability are available in the specified license path:

ANSYSLI_SERVERS: 

FLEXlm Servers: 

Hit return to exit.

Unexpected license problem; exiting.

I've tried deleting the ANSYS file in %appdata% - as suggested by other forums - and also running everything through my school's VPN but still no luck. Seems odd considering it was working fine yesterday. 

Many thanks in advance :)

Answers

• Geo KarnosGeo Karnos Forum Coordinator

Run:

Start->All Programs->ANSYS 2020 R2->Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility 2020 R2 (Right click on this and choose "run as administrator".

When this appears, choose: Specify the License Server Machine

Make sure that the school's license server is listed. If not, add it.

Please let me know if this helps!

Best,

Geo

• Hi Geo,

I've checked on the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility 2020 R2 and I can see that my school's license server has been correctly added. So doesn't seem to be a problem there?

Many thanks,