What is your feedback on this wear scenario simulation?
Hello Ansys Student forum,
I would like to ask for some help in improving a simulation.
Software: Ansys Student
Goal: Simulate turning/wear on a small tool, with a constant applied force of a tool, a constant rotation of a workpiece.
- Symmetry plane.
- Reduced sample to only a fraction of real diameter to accound for interaction and 1 degree of movement.
- Applied splits for (possibly) better mesh on tool.
- The tool tilts and wobbles as though it is not on a fixed track.
- The workpiece seems unscathed.
- The simulation time for 1 degree of movement clocked out between 30 minutes to 50 minutes. Is there an obvious way to speed this simulation up? Or to analyze wear in a different, quicker simulation?
I will try attaching gifs, and images of the setup. I will attach a mesh statistic of characteristic length.