How to remove Wall Function for k-omega SST Model?

Hi everyone,

I am doing a 2D bluff body simulation. My first boundary layer is quite fine (0.5 mm [about D/200]) and the y+ value comes between 4 to 10. I want to remove the default wall function from the k-w SST model. I couldn't find any option in the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of Fluent to disable the Wall Function.

I found the following command online that is said to turn-off the wall function for k-w SST but couldn't find any proper reference or document to verify it:

(rpsetvar 'kw-set-wall-w? #t)

I have a few follow up questions. I would be grateful if you could answer even one or few of them. Thanks.

1. Is it possible to remove wall functions from k-w SST model from GUI?
  2. Are there any documents or references to understand how (rpsetvar 'kw-set-wall-w? #t) works (I want to understand if it removes all wall functions for k-w SST model or only removes for a few parameters like k or w)
  3. What is the default wall function used by k-w SST model?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator

The k-w model and it's wall interaction is covered in the Theory Guide, as you're using an rpsetvar, that's found in the Fluent help. Compare how k-w works with the various flavours of k-e model and their wall functions.

As the rpsetvar command is unlikely to be documented I suspect it does something odd I'd suggest leaving it alone. It's also outside the scope of support on here. From experience I recommend leaving commands like that alone: there's a reason we don't advertise them!

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator

Why do you want to do that?