MatlabOptimizersForDX always fails

fetseckfetseck Member Posts: 5

Dear Ansys Forum,

I am currently trying to start a test program using MatlabOptimizersForDX (https://catalog.ansys.com/product/5cc06907393ff65fd87cf921/matlab-optimizers). Using MOGA from Ansys when running DesignXplorer I have no problems and I converge to a solution. But using MatlabOptimizersForDX It won't even start the optimization. I simply get this error.

Update failed for the Optimization component in Direct Optimization. An error occured while updating the 'Optimization'. As I am new to ACT I do not understand what this error means nor does it provide me with enough information to solve the error. But I really need the matlab optimization to perform benchmark tests.

For my setup:

In workbench I have set up my optimization as you can see below in the figure.

I downloaded MatlabOptimizersForDX and put it in my documents folder.

I followed the Readme instructions in the pdf and installed the extension. I loaded the extension and I get to choose from all the different optimizers Matlab has to offer. I have tried using both standard values and custom vaues in the optimization, but it always fails when I update my solution. I am clueless and would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• KremellaKremella Posts: 2,476Admin
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

ACTs don't generally have the same update cycle as Ansys products. At this point, we don't have this ACT compatible for our 2020 products. It will be updated at a later stage. In the meantime, if your work relies on the ACT, I'd strongly recommend that you use the R19.

Thank you.

Karthik

Answers