Ansys 2019 R3 - spaceclaim license problem.

I am running Ansys 2019 R3 and recently updated the license file as per the recommended procedure.

However, when I try to use SpaceClaim or DesignModeler, I get the error report:

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR

Capability ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeller does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.

No specified user license preferences match available products in the specified licence path:

ANSYSLI_SEREVRS:

FLEXlm Servers: <path to the file student.lic.>

The student.lic file contains the following:

# The following key is for 'ANSYS Academic Teaching Introductory'

INCREMENT aa_t_i ansyslmd 9999.9999 31-jul-2021 uncounted \

F124AA2C2A65 VENDOR_STRING=customer:01055371 HOSTID=DEMO \

SUPERSEDE ISSUED=22-mar-2020 START=22-mar-2020 TS_OK \

SIGN2="0093 E043 EBD0 A365 54CD 9CA3 9E55 B000 36E2 7EAE 4529 \

7410 E398 9503 A1D5"

# The following key is for 'ANSYS AIM Student'

INCREMENT aa_s_aim ansyslmd 9999.9999 31-jul-2021 uncounted \

F9EA899D3D8F VENDOR_STRING=customer:01055371 HOSTID=DEMO \

SIGN2="0052 200F 34D0 F031 31BB 57B5 A37F 5200 A6E8 15AB 6D71 \

F1BA 1C66 D56D 3B3B"

# The following key is for 'ANSYS Discovery Live Student Version'

INCREMENT aa_s_disc ansyslmd 9999.9999 31-jul-2021 uncounted \

17C86E33B737 VENDOR_STRING=customer:01055371 HOSTID=DEMO \

SIGN2="00E0 8ED8 5B89 D5AD 24D7 547D E49B 5C00 217C A506 6345 \

9004 69DC 7636 278E"

INCREMENT aa_mcad ansyslmd 9999.9999 31-jul-2021 uncounted \

454421699B9F VENDOR_STRING=customer:01055371 HOSTID=DEMO \

SIGN2="00E0 3D9F A327 BE51 E646 DE8D 6030 F600 8A31 93FA BD3E \

D823 7F5B 3D3B 59F7"

Having searched the forum for possible solutions, I tried the

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

fix but no success. Running the diagnostic

"%awp_root201%\..\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util" -checkout SPACECLAIM

produced

Messages file C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\language\en-us\ansysli_msgs.xml does not exist.

2020/12/14 11:39:45    INFO                Demo license file C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic exists.

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR : Capability ANSYS SpaceClaim Direct Modeler does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.

No specified user or site license preferences match products that enable this capability in the specified license path:

ANSYSLI_SERVERS:

FLEXlm Servers: C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic

SPACECLAIM CHECKOUT FAILED

Any help and/or advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks.

Best Answer

• drumlinsdrumlins Member
    Accepted Answer

@mmadore Just an update to let you know I managed to get SpaceClaim to work. I did so by carrying out an uninstall of 2019 R3, then manually deleted all Ansys & spaceclaim folders left over. This was followed by a fresh install of 2019 R3 but before I started it for the first time, I firstly updated the student.lic file. Then I did the spaceclaim checkout test from within the command window and this time it seemed to work. Finally, opening Workbench, I was then able to access SpaceClaim.

Hope the above is of some use to others who find themselves in a similar situation. Thanks for all the earlier advice & suggestions!

Answers

• mmadoremmadore Forum Coordinator

@drumlins Can you please check to see if you have the ANSYSLI_ELASTIC environment variable set? If so, please delete it.

Please follow these steps.

1. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties.
    2. Go to the Advanced system settings tab.
    3. Click the Environment Variables button. The Environment Variables dialog opens.
    4. Look for the environment variable ANSYSLI_ELASTIC and if found delete it.
    5. Select the environment variable you want to delete and click Delete.
    6. Click OK.

Thanks,

Matt

• Hello Matt,

Thanks for the advice. I've checked but there was no environmental variable by the name of ANSYSLI_ELASTIC.

Regards,

William

@drumlins Please open a Windows command prompt and enter the command "set" without the quotes and send the full output.

Thanks

Matt

• Here you go (I've redacted some Windows entries for personal security reasons):

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData

ANSYS195_DIR=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v195\ANSYS

ANSYS_SYSDIR=winx64

ANS_OLD_ATTACH=1

APPDATA=C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Roaming

asl.log=Destination=file

AWP_LOCALE195=en-us

AWP_ROOT195=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v195

CADOE_LIBDIR195=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v195\CommonFiles\Language\en-us

CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files

CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files

COMPUTERNAME=<not disclosed>

ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData

FPS_BROWSER_APP_PROFILE_STRING=Internet Explorer

FPS_BROWSER_USER_PROFILE_STRING=Default

HOMEDRIVE=C:

HOMEPATH=\Users\<withheld>

LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Local

LOGONSERVER=\\<not disclosed>

LSTC_LICENSE=ANSYS

NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8

OneDrive=C:\Users\<withheld>\OneDrive

OS=Windows_NT

Path=C:\SIMULIA\Commands;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\VirtualFile\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\VirtualFile64\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\FileProtector\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\FileProtector64\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2020b\bin;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2019b\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Windows Performance Toolkit\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\dotnet\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\Client SDK\ODBC\170\Tools\Binn\;C:\anaconda3;C:\anaconda3\Library\mingw-w64\bin;C:\anaconda3\Library\usr\bin;C:\anaconda3\Library\bin;C:\anaconda3\Scripts;C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\Scripts\;C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38-32\;C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Local\atom\bin;C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2020.2\bin;C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop\bin;C:\Users\<withheld>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;D:\apps\FFmpeg\bin;C:\Users\<withheld>\.dotnet\tools

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64

PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel

PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6

PROCESSOR_REVISION=5e03

ProgramData=C:\ProgramData

ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files

ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)

ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files

PROMPT=$P$G

PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public

PyCharm Community Edition=C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Community Edition 2020.2\bin;

SESSIONNAME=Console

SystemDrive=C:

SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS

TEMP=C:\Users\<withheld>~1\AppData\Local\Temp

TMP=C:\Users\<withheld>~1\AppData\Local\Temp

UGII_3DCONNEXION_DIR=C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX64\ugii_dir\

UGII_3DCONNEXION_DIR32=C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxNX64\ugii_dir32\

USERDOMAIN=<not disclosed>

USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=<not disclosed>

USERNAME=<withheld>

USERPROFILE=C:\Users\<withheld>

windir=C:\WINDOWS

@drumlins Please try renaming each of these three directories by adding .OLD at the end.

%APPDATA%\Ansys\v195

%APPDATA%\SpaceClaim

%LOCALAPPDATA%\SpaceClaim

• OK, that's done now and I've tried again with SpaceClaim but I'm still getting the same error message.

• drumlinsdrumlins Member
    Accepted Answer

@mmadore Just an update to let you know I managed to get SpaceClaim to work. I did so by carrying out an uninstall of 2019 R3, then manually deleted all Ansys & spaceclaim folders left over. This was followed by a fresh install of 2019 R3 but before I started it for the first time, I firstly updated the student.lic file. Then I did the spaceclaim checkout test from within the command window and this time it seemed to work. Finally, opening Workbench, I was then able to access SpaceClaim.

Hope the above is of some use to others who find themselves in a similar situation. Thanks for all the earlier advice & suggestions!

• Hey @drumlins I'm also facing the same issue. You told that you updated the student.lic file right. Can u tell what exactly you mean by updating it and how to do it step by step?

Eagerly waiting for your answer

Thanks

Natesh