Getting error in Electronic desktop 2020 R2,how to solve?

This is the error which I am getting always ,when I open it . Please solve my problem......

Failover feature 'ANSYS electronics_desktop' specified in license preferences is not available.

Request name electronics_desktop does not exist in the licensing pool.

Cannot connect to license server system.

The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,

the wrong [email protected] or license file is being used, or the

port or hostname in the license file has been changed.

Feature

electronics_desktop

Server name

License path

[email protected];

FlexNet Licensing error

-15,10. System Error

10061 "WinSock

Connection refused"

Tagged:

Best Answer

• mmadoremmadore Ansys Employee Posts: 717
    Accepted Answer

Given this is on a single machine, please change the license file, C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license_files\ansyslmd.lic, so the SERVER line references "localhost" rather than the hostname DESKTOP-GBNO7SL or ip address 192.168.124.165. Also, in your C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\ansyslmd.ini file, change the references to localhost rather than DESKTOP-GBNO7SL or 192.168.124.165. Please then restart the license manager and let me know if there's any change.

Thanks

Answers

@nitishsharma Is DESKTOP-H0QQI1S your local computer? Do you have a license installed on it? Can you share screenshots of the license status from the License Management Center? If this is your local machine, please make sure your firewall exceptions are added for ansyslmd and lmgrd.

Thanks

Matt

• nitishsharmanitishsharma Member Posts: 6

yes sir ,this is my local computer, and the licence installed on it. I am a PhD student in IIT Roorkee. the license status......

***** LICENSE SERVER STATUS: [email protected] *****

lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2015 Flexera Software LLC. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Wed 12/16/2020 12:57

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]

License server status: [email protected]

License file(s) on DESKTOP-GBNO7SL: [email protected]:

lmgrd is not running: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,7:11001 "WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)")  

====================================================================================================

Accepted Answer

Given this is on a single machine, please change the license file, C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\license_files\ansyslmd.lic, so the SERVER line references "localhost" rather than the hostname DESKTOP-GBNO7SL or ip address 192.168.124.165. Also, in your C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\ansyslmd.ini file, change the references to localhost rather than DESKTOP-GBNO7SL or 192.168.124.165. Please then restart the license manager and let me know if there's any change.

Thanks

• nitishsharmanitishsharma Member Posts: 6

thank you sir for your support , there was some mistake done by me during installed, now solved.

• Waaah321Waaah321 Member Posts: 1

Hi, could you please tell me how you fix this problem?

I meet exactly the same problem as you did.

Thanks!

@Waaah321 If you can share the same information that we requested of the other user and that they shared it will help us to determine the fix for your issue.