UDF Compile Error "not compiled for parallel use" in Ansys 2020R2

hamham Member Posts: 5

Hi,

I am having issues trying to build and load a simple UDF. I have tested the UDF on another system and it works just fine using the in-built Fluent compiler. However, when I try to build and load it on my desktop using the in-built compiler I get a large list of error messages shown below. I have tried using visual studio instead of the in-built compiler but to no avail.

This section of messages appear when trying to build the UDF:

Copied G:\UDF1/G:\UDF1\ArcTempSource - Copy.C to libudf\src
(system "copy "G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent"\fluent20.2.0\src\udf\sconstruct.udf "libudf\win64\2ddp_host\SConstruct" ")
1 file(s) copied.
(system "copy "G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent"\fluent20.2.0\src\udf\scons_test.bat "libudf\win64\2ddp_host\scons_test.bat" ")
1 file(s) copied.
(chdir "libudf")(chdir "win64\2ddp_host")
G:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_host>set PYTHONHOME=G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent/../commonfiles/CPython/3_7/winx64/Release/python
'G:\ANSYS' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
(system "copy "G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent"\fluent20.2.0\src\udf\sconstruct.udf "libudf\win64\2ddp_node\SConstruct" ")
1 file(s) copied.
(system "copy "G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent"\fluent20.2.0\src\udf\scons_test.bat "libudf\win64\2ddp_node\scons_test.bat" ")
1 file(s) copied.
(chdir "libudf")(chdir "win64\2ddp_node")
G:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_node>set PYTHONHOME=G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent/../commonfiles/CPython/3_7/winx64/Release/python
G:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_node>set PYTHONPATH=G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent/../commonfiles/CPython/3_7/winx64/Release/python
G:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_node>G:\ANSYS Inc\v202\fluent/../commonfiles/CPython/3_7/winx64/Release/python/scons
'G:\ANSYS' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Done.

This set of messages appear when trying to load the UDF:

"Work-PC: Opening library "G:\UDF1\libudf"...
Error at Node 2: The UDF library you are trying to load (lib
Error at Node 3: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compileError at Node 0: The UError at Node 1: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for pd for parallel use on the curreDF library you are tryingarallel use on the cuudf) is not compiled for parallent platform (wi to load (libudf) is rrent platfol use on the cnot compiled for parallel use orm (win64).
urrent platform (win64).
n64).
The system cannot find the file specified.
G:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2dn the current platform (win64).
The s
The system cannot find the file specThe systemdp_node\libudf.dll
ystem cannot find theified.
G:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_node\libudf.dll
cannot find the file specified.
G:\ UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_node\lifile specified.
G:\UDbudf.dll
F1\libudf\win64\2ddp_node\libudf.dll
Error at host: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64).
The system cannot find the file specified.
G:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_host\libudf.dll
Error: The UDF library you are trying to load (libudf) is not compiled for parallel use on the current platform (win64).\n\nThe system cannot find the file specified.
\n\nG:\UDF1\libudf\win64\2ddp_host\libudf.dll
Error Object: #f 
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,371
    Accepted Answer

It's a glitch, CLANG in 2020Rx looks for the software in the C:/whatever/ansys.... folder and not in G: it's fixed in the 2021 release, we missed it in testing as we always install on the C: drive as per instructions from IT back when we got our first Windows machines and didn't know how to use them (most long term Fluent staff had UNIX boxes so Windows was a shock).

If the other machine is Windows copy the libudf over and see if you can just load it, assuming the autocompile behaves (ie doesn't do anything) it'll work. Make sure the other session is parallel & single/double precision too.

Answers

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,371
    Accepted Answer

It's a glitch, CLANG in 2020Rx looks for the software in the C:/whatever/ansys.... folder and not in G: it's fixed in the 2021 release, we missed it in testing as we always install on the C: drive as per instructions from IT back when we got our first Windows machines and didn't know how to use them (most long term Fluent staff had UNIX boxes so Windows was a shock).

If the other machine is Windows copy the libudf over and see if you can just load it, assuming the autocompile behaves (ie doesn't do anything) it'll work. Make sure the other session is parallel & single/double precision too.