Mesh Geometry Error ANSYS 2020R2 edX course

EzeNaval1983EzeNaval1983 Member
edited January 6 in Preprocessing

I am having trouble when trying to achieve the right geometry in the mesh even though I follow the right steps. I will paste the screenshots step by step for better understanding. I get the warning : *****Some local edge element sizes are larger than the global maximum size. This can cause bad quality elements.**

Happy new year and thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator

Does the tutorial really set the left side number of divisions (cells) as one? I know Mechanical meshes tend to be less refined than for Fluids in many cases but that looks a bit extreme.

• Yes, the idea is to calculate first with an 8 nodes mesh and then refine it to see how the results improve. After trying "sizing to edges" according to course instructions, I couldn't reach the required geometry. I tried making the mesh with face mesh instead, sizing the elements to 1 meter, and I got this geometry with the error message "Some local body element sizes are larger than the global maximum size, This can cause bad quality elements". I would like to know how to solve this error in ANSYS 2020R2. You can see this in the following screenshots:

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator

Fair enough. Check the sizing settings in the Meshing section, I suspect the face sizing is less than 1m to it's trying to add some more cells in. Increase that or use mapped mesh type.

• Thanks Rob for your answer,

In geometry I have found a question mark, it seems that something is wrong in the geometry generation but I cannot find the mistake, this could be generating the unfair mesh generation what do you think? (After trying the proposed solution I still got the same unfair mesh)