How to change the UDF by TUI?

xqzhangxqzhang Member Posts: 14

Hello, everyone. I need to change the UDF from udf1 to udf2 after some iterations. When I use GUI, I can do this by unload the old UDF and compile the new UDF. However, when I try to do this by TUI, I can not delete the udf1 from the source file, which means the udf1 will be compiled again and the udf2 coudn't be compiled as shown in the following figure. I want to konw how to change the UDF by TUI. Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• xqzhangxqzhang Member Posts: 14

Sometimes I cannot add a new UDF, as shown in the picture, I type "yes", but the result is the same as if I typed "no". Other times, After I type "yes", I can enter a new UDF file name, but the new UDF will be compiled with the old UDF library name, although the UDF library name has been changed.

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,371

Why not compile all of it inside one .c file and use an IF (something) statement to switch from one setting to the next?

Thanks, Rob. In fact, I've spent a lot of time trying to implement all the functionality in one UDF, but unfortunately the idea has never materialized.When a UDF is used, an error is reported directly in the first step of the calculation and floating point overflow occurs.Therefore, I thought that changing the UDF might be a temporary solution, which was in fact possible, but It was not clear to me why the functionality that the GUI was able to implement would go wrong in the TUI.

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,371

With Windows you may want to unload the existing library then compile the new .c file (or load the new library). There are some odd write protect features that aren't present on LINUX that can cause issues.

Thanks, Rob. I will try it on Linux.