Ansys Fluent throws an error

This discussion was created from comments split from: Fluent Error - Abnormal Exit.

Comments

• Hi! I'm using ansys 2020 r2. workbench and meshing is working absolutely fine. But when move forward to ansys fluent it showing some errors. I tried reinstallation but its not working still. so I need help. could anyone help me please.

You can see the errors showing in below image.

could anyone please help me in solving this.

• Hello @Rohit_0068

Please create a new discussion if your issue is not related to the discussed content. This is the fastest way of obtaining support on the forum.

A couple of questions:

1. Is this a free student product?
    2. Can you find the transcript file (please see the message on the screenshot you provided) and does it provide any additional details?

Thanks.

Karthik

• mmadoremmadore Forum Coordinator

@Rohit_0068 Some other (non-ANSYS) software installation may put older version Intel Compiler dynamic link library (e.g. 2017) files under C:\Windows\system32, including:

libchkp.dll

libgfxoffload.dll

libicaf.dll

libifcoremd.dll

libifcoremdd.dll

libifcorert.dll

libifcorertd.dll

libifportmd.dll

libioffload_host.dll

libiomp5md.dll

libiompstubs5md.dll

libirngmd.dll

libmmd.dll

libmmdd.dll

libmpx.dll

liboffload.dll

When Fluent 2020 R2 is launched, it links to incorrect version C:\Windows\system32\libmdd.dll if it’s there, rather than expected “C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v202\tp\IntelCompiler\2019.3.203\winx64\libmdd.dll” , and cause such error.

Rename C:\Windows\system32\libmdd.dll (e.g. to libmdd.dll.2017) should be able to resolve the issue.

Also suggest rename (delete or move) other Intel Complier dynamic link library files in above list in C:\Windows\system32, and notify other (non-ANSYS) software vendor not to put such files in C:\Windows\system32, since different applications may need different versions Intel Complier dynamic link library.

Thanks,

Matt