Applying Longitudinal Force/Displacement

kirstenbraunkirstenbraun Member
edited January 7 in Structures

Good day All,

I am in the process of developing a 3D tyre model, below is a sectioned view of the model. At the moment the tyre is under a

• Time Step 1: 0.8Bar inflation pressure applied in the first second (20 substeps), as well as
  • Time Step 2: a remote displacement in the +Z direction applied in the second second (20 substeps)

At the moment I am trying to obtain the longitudinal (X-axis) forces for a displacement range of [-74.699, 181.4]mm. I use a remote displacement, as shown below, which acts on two faces, namely the top and bottom face of the road's surface (highlighted in yellow).

• Time Step 3: I then, in the third second, apply the first displacement value of -74.699mm (20 substeps)
  • Time Step 4: and in the fourth second I apply the second displacement value of 181.4mm (20 substeps)

I use a force reaction probe to measure the forces that occur along the contact region between the tyre tread blocks and the road's surface (as shown below).

The force values that I should be getting along the X-axis should be ranging between -4930N @ -74.699mm 5818N @ 181.4mm.

In addition to this when looking at the animation, the road's surface does move along the Z-axis as expected, but when the longitudinal remote displacement is applied, no movement of the road is seen, which is unexpected. The animation video has been attached.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me?

Comments