Unable to close Fluent Application ( ANSYS Fluent 2019 R3 )

Ani94Ani94 Member

I am using ANSYS 2019 R3 and while using Fluent i am encountering problem while closing fluent application.

Detailed Issue: After completing Geometry, meshing , setup and solution the fluent is not closing, even after clicking red cross mark in upper right corner. It is asking permission to close Fluent but doing nothing. Because of that i am unable to post process results in CFD-Post. Please help me to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Best Answer

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    Accepted Answer

In the second image there's a problem with the Setup cell: the blue question mark means there are settings missing. In the second image the solver is running, are you looking at the Fluent session or running it all via Workbench?

Answers

• type exit

or close-fluent

• Ani94Ani94 Member

I tried but its not closing , no matter how much time you wait. The only way to close is to restart computer. After doing that , such window apears

If i try updating solution module

then i get this error

So I am unable to figure out what's the issue with fluent module.

Accepted Answer

In the second image there's a problem with the Setup cell: the blue question mark means there are settings missing. In the second image the solver is running, are you looking at the Fluent session or running it all via Workbench?

• Ani94Ani94 Member

Sir, that image is after reopening saved simulation , What happened is, after setting up and running calculation i got results. But to post process i need to close solution window and that window was unable to close, so I forcefully closed it and saved Workbench file . To post process i reopened saved file and showed the yellow mark (in second image) so i updated it but i lost setup and all calculation with a error popping out as shown in image 3.

Closing the solver will trigger the case & data being written out. If the solver is hanging at that point, and not immediately giving an error, check the storage location for space. What is the full path that you're saving to?

• Ani94Ani94 Member

By using File - Save as - E drive - Ansys Fluent Skill-lync projects - ahmed body -ahmed body _files-dp0-FFF-Fluent , that's the path.

Is E: a local, network or USB drive? Try saving into a shorter path on C: or D: (if they're local hard drives) incase you've hit a character limit somewhere; spaces aren't recommended either.