Angular Acceleration

Hello eveybody,

i'm new with ansys mechanical and i'm currently using an old verision of workbench (15.0.7).

I'd like to ask a question about static structural analysis in mechanical: i am defining Loads and BC's on my model and i need to define an angular acceleration but only linear acceleration is allowed.

Is there a way to define it, maybe around a specific axis choosed by user?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Comments

• @Klavleynn

The solver supports a command

DOMEGA, DOMGX, DOMGY, DOMGZ 

that specifies the rotational acceleration of the structure in radians/sec^2 about the global cartesian X, Y and Z axes.

There is also a command

CMDOMEGA, CM_NAME, DOMEGAX, DOMEGAY, DOMEGAZ, X1, Y1, Z1, X2, Y2, Z2

that defines rotational acceleration of an element component around an axis defined by points 1 and 2 in the command.

Look up these commands in the APDL Command section of the ANSYS Help system.

Workbench 15.0 did not expose these command in the GUI so you have to add a Command object to insert that command into the model.

• @peteroznewman

Thanks for you reply,

i took a look on ANSYS Help Viewer but i just found a list of all commands as you previously posted with theirs definition.

Unfortunately i have no experience with APDL language yet, so i'm not able to write the whole script.

Is there a tutorial or a quick guide where i can take a cue to define angular acceleration with APDL ?

Thanks in advance

• @Klavleynn

Is the entire structure rotating about a global axis?

• @peteroznewman

Yes, the entire model is symmetrical to the ZX plane and it rotates around x axis