Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Concrete Drucker-Prager Softening Material Model — Ansys Learning Forum

Concrete Drucker-Prager Softening Material Model

LeaBLeaB Member Posts: 2

Dear all,

for my master thesis I simulate a Timber-Concrete-Composite Beam. Therefore, I should consider cracks in the tension zone of the concrete slab. First idea was to use a concrete Drucker-Prager softening material model (see picture 1).

I used a patch-test to verify the material model. Unfortunatly, the stress-strain curves under compression and tension are not as I imagined (see picture 2). I attached self-drawn stress-strain curves to show you how they should look like (see picture 3).

Furthermore, there are Solver-Pivot Warnings during the patch-tests, howerver, the calculation works. But for a simply supported beam the calculation doesn't converge. (I have already defined substeps.)

Can someone help me please? Did I define the Drucker-Prager softening wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Lea

Comments