Solar Load Model in Fluent Tutorial
I am learning ANSYS to create a model to apply solar load on it. From what I learned so far, Fluent has the solar load model function build in and all you need to do is to put in the location, date, and time. That was awesome! However, I do have questions/confusions regarding the model set up.
I searched this forum and didn't find any actual solar load model tutorial. (The only answer I found is: "You can find some information in solution ##2042014. The training material is moved to other platform. To get access you may need to contact your account representative. "). So here I create another post hopefully could help other people as well who have similar questions.
The purpose of this model is to create concrete bridge structure and assign solar load on it. The output will be the temperature distribution on the bridge structure at any given time of a day. (Transient)
Procedure to Activate Solar Load Model:
- Setup/Models/Energy: On
- Setup/Models/Radiation/Solar Load/Model: Select Solar Ray Tracing
- Click on Solar Calculator button
- Input Global Position and Starting date and time. Check mesh orientation
In my understanding, we have turn on the solar load model and ANSYS will use the starting date and time to assign sun beam direction.
- Are the procedures above correct?
- Under Setup/Models/Radiation/Solar Load/Model, do we need to turn "Model" (S2S, DO, MC, etc)?
- Is the solar load model compatible with enclosures? I am trying to create an enclosure for the entire structure to simulate temperature distribution under wind (convection) in addition to solar load.
Thanks very much,