How can I fix " C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Temp\AnsysWBDumpFile.dmp "?

Hello, I've been trying to incorporate a mesh into a elbow pipe in Ansys fluent. I'll create the geometry and generate the shape, but when I click on mesh it says an error occurred and that it's in C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Temp\AnsysWBDumpFile.dmp . I've read the other forums that solve this issue for other people, but non of them have worked for me. I changed the nvidia to higher graphics, I added the dll's, I tried to redownload it, and I've redone the geometry dozens of times.

Any tips on how to help? I'd really like to figure this out so I don't have to run it through citrix...

Answers

• mmadoremmadore Ansys Employee Posts: 717

@mcpattydaddy Have you tried renaming your %APPDATA%\Ansys\vXXX directory to vXXX.old where vXXX is the version you're running? Does this only happen with that one project?

• mcpattydaddymcpattydaddy Member Posts: 4

I did try that, and it still popped up with the same error. I've also tried different projects and the same message pops up, some in fluent and others in static structural.

I have the dump file copied to my desktop, it won't allow me to place it here. It's encrypted, but I can send it to someone on the support team to see what it says and maybe that will provide an answer to why it's giving me such problems.

Please open a Windows command prompt and run the command "set" and return the full output.

C:\Users\david>set

ADSK_CLM_WPAD_PROXY_CHECK=FALSE

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData

ANSYS211_DIR=C:\Users\david\Desktop\ANSYS\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v211\ANSYS

ANSYS_SYSDIR=winx64

APPDATA=C:\Users\david\AppData\Roaming

AWP_LOCALE211=en-us

AWP_ROOT211=C:\Users\david\Desktop\ANSYS\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v211

CADOE_LIBDIR211=C:\Users\david\Desktop\ANSYS\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v211\CommonFiles\Language\en-us

CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files

CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files

COMPUTERNAME=DESKTOP-LRHAV4F

ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData

HOMEDRIVE=C:

HOMEPATH=\Users\david

LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\david\AppData\Local

LOGONSERVER=\\DESKTOP-LRHAV4F

LSTC_LICENSE=ANSYS

NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8

OMP_NUM_THREADS=8

OneDrive=C:\Users\david\OneDrive

OneDriveConsumer=C:\Users\david\OneDrive

OS=Windows_NT

Path=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\iCLS\;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\iCLS\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files\MATLAB\bin;C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64

PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel

PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6

PROCESSOR_REVISION=9e09

ProgramData=C:\ProgramData

ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files

ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)

ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files

PROMPT=$P$G

PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public

SESSIONNAME=Console

SystemDrive=C:

SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS

TEMP=C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Temp

TMP=C:\Users\david\AppData\Local\Temp

USERDOMAIN=DESKTOP-LRHAV4F

USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=DESKTOP-LRHAV4F

USERNAME=david

USERPROFILE=C:\Users\david

windir=C:\WINDOWS

Please run dxdiag from a Windows command prompt and send the full output.