Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Material Designer — Ansys Learning Forum

Material Designer

eloyeloy Member Posts: 2
edited February 10 in Materials

Hello,

May I ask a question regarding the capabilities of the Ansys Material Designer? I have been working on research about natural fibre epoxy composite material. I want to simulate its material behaviour. I'm planning to use a user-defined RVE to get the mechanical properties like the youngs modulus and shear modulus. I have fabricated a composite lamina. I'm planning to subject it to an x-ray process to get the actual geometry(inner and outer surface, including voids) of the lamina. The x-ray process will generate a 3D model in CAD software. Would it be possible to input this 3D geometry (micro-scale) in the Material designer? I would appreciate it if you could give me some advice regarding this.

Thank you.

Answers