How to simulate the balloon of force in oil

bxddstlbxddstl Member Posts: 10

Dear Professor, ,I am a novice. I want to do a simulation, in which an oil tank with a diameter of 0.5 meters and a height of 10 meters has 8 meters of oil.

At the bottom of the tank there is a 0.05 m diameter inlet and a 0.0.5 outlet, the outlet and the inlet are just in a symmetrical position.

At the same time, there is a metal cage at the bottom of the tank, in which there is a 0.05 meter diameter balloon filled with antifreeze.

I want to know what happens to the pressure inside the balloon and the pressure outside the balloon when( the inlet and outlet velocity of the tank changes very rapidly / the inlet and outlet velocity are at a particular velocity).

I just ask you to provide me with the design ideas, which do not need to conform to the parameters I provided, because I do not know how to simulate the effect of fluid on elastic materials. Elastic materials cannot be set up in FLUNET, and complex fluid simulation cannot be set up in Static Stracture.

thank you for your help.

?

Best Answer

• RobRob UKPosts: 9,264Forum Coordinator
    Accepted Answer

You can do this with the FSI system coupling between Fluent and Mechanical. Have a careful look at the physics you need to, given the distance between the free surface and balloon you may be able to just increase the operating pressure to mimic the static head of oil.

Click on the ? symbol (or Help) in the current release and it'll take you to the help system, that includes tutorials and How-to videos. The courses at the top of the page will be of use too.

This discussion has been closed.