Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Modeling Hyperelastics with Response Function — Ansys Learning Forum

Modeling Hyperelastics with Response Function

nds88nds88 New JerseyMember Posts: 9

Hello, I have a few general questions on using the Response Function:

Is there any reason to use the classical hyperelastic constitutive models (neo-hookean, blatz-ko, arruda-boyce, etc) if I have, or can acquire, test data from a set of samples and want to use the Response Function model?

In addition to that, lets say my Instron output provides 13,000 stress/strain data points and I want to upload that as a CSV into the uniaxial tension test data, will the number of data points affect my overall solution time? Is there a limit to the amount of input data?

Last question: If I have a case of multiaxial loading in my model, which data sets (compression, shear, volumetric, biaxial etc) are recommended to fully define the stress strain response?

Thanks for your help! These questions are not related to a specific working analysis, I am just planning how I may use Response Function in the future.

Answers