Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Adding anisotropic properties in ANSYS workbench — Ansys Learning Forum

Adding anisotropic properties in ANSYS workbench

masud407masud407 Member Posts: 125

Hello,

I was trying to perform a compression test of a lattice and trying to compare the result of the compression test. As 3d printed structures show anisotropic behavior, my simulation result (considering isotropic material) was away from the experimental result. Can anyone guide me on how to add anisotropic material in ANSYS and what are parameters are required?

I found that I should add six coefficients in the anisotropic tab and I have attached the figure of six coefficients. But I am not sure how to insert the values of the six coefficients.

Also, can anyone also tell me the criteria in selecting the plasticity model (bilinear isotropic/bilinear hardening/multilinear hardening, etc.) based on the experimental data?

Comments