Run Lumerical simulations using Intel MPI on Windows
Using Intel® MPI with Lumerical on Windows.
Running on a local computer:
Run the simulation job using Intel MPI as your Job launching preset. The resource configuration automatically configures the job manager by adding these flags/.
mpiexec.exe -noprompt -localroot
When running on a remote computer or cluster:
- Ensure that all computers are running on a supported Windows system and the same version of Lumerical simulation software.
- On your local PC, open a Windows command prompt,
- Change directory to the location of Intel MPI,
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWToolsMPI\compilers_and_libraries_2018.5.274\windows\mpi\intel64\bin"
or for Lumerical 2021 R2.2 and newer
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWToolsMPI\compilers_and_libraries_2020.4.321\windows\mpi\intel64\bin"
- Check and make sure that the Hydra service is installed and running on all of the computers.
- If the service is not running on any of the computers, install and run the service;
- Register your "User credential" on your local PC before using Intel MPI. These credentials are encrypted and stored in the registry.
- The 'Username' and 'Password' should be the same one you used to login into Windows on these computers.
Validate the installation:
Notes: More information on user authorization and different authentication methods are available here: User Authorization 30. If you do not register your credentials, you will be prompted later when you run Intel MPI for the first time and the simulation job will not run.