Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

ANSYS License Expired/FlexLM will not start on license server — Ansys Learning Forum

ANSYS License Expired/FlexLM will not start on license server

tweinsteintweinstein Member Posts: 8

I am currently experiencing an issue where the FlexLM portion of the license manager will not start. Even though I renewed our team's student license in October, it seems to have expired just a few days ago. I have tried multiple times to get in contact with our ANSYS representative but I have gotten no reply about this issue. I can't tell if the issue is license-related or if the issue has to do with the license manager on our license server. I have attached a screenshot of the error message I get when I try to start the license manager and also the logs that go along with it.

Comments

• mmadoremmadore Ansys Employee Posts: 823

@tweinstein Looking at the license.log file it appears you are trying to install the license created for the server "soupernode" on the server "Boomer". It would appear you have likely modified the license file yourself to have the hostname and hostid for "Boomer", which invalidates the license file. You will need to obtain a new license file for the new server from your ANSYS Account Team. Please reach out asking for a rehost of your licenses. The ASC on your account could also go to https://licensing.ansys.com to perform a rehost as detailed in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Tkul6DwTI&list=PL0lZXwHtV6OmAST1t6MHMyAM7f1wBXCLr&index=2

• tweinsteintweinstein Member Posts: 8
    edited March 24

@mmadore Hi thank you for your reply.

So I did get a new license file for Boomer in October. At around the same time our old license server (soupernode) died and I replaced it with a new one I built called boomer. I have emailed our campus rep a few times asking to be set as the ASC for our account since I am the admin (our old admin graduated) and I have not gotten a response. I would like to download a new license file since our ANSYS rep asked our campus rep to set me as the ASC but she never replied to either of our emails. Is there any way I can get in contact with the person in charge of our account?

@tweinstein What is your Ansys Customer number from your license file?

@mmadore The ANSYS customer number in the license file is #1125236

@tweinstein I'm not seeing an active license in our system named "boomer". I see a license issued on Oct 2, 2020 with the hostname soupernode, and MAC address ending with 8d58. Please try rehosting the licenses to boomer using the Ansys Licensing Portal (licensing.ansys.com).

@mmadore As I stated above, I am not the ASC for our account which means I cannot make changes (or see) our license on the license portal. By the nature of our college project team, our ASC is always a senior member of the team and therefore almost always graduates at the end of the year. I have gotten in contact with 3 of the previous ASCs and all of their accounts have been deactivated. I have contacted support and they are not able to help me because this is a student-sponsored account. This forum is the last place I have to ask for help. I would really appreciate it if you could email, PM, or call me in order to help me sort this out. I have emailed our ANSYS account rep several times and have not gotten a response in the past 2 weeks.

Thank you

I've reached out to the account team to ask them to assist with making you ASC. Currently it appears J. Lawson is the listed ASC.

@mmadore Thank you! I'll update this thread if it is resolved

@mmadore Thanks for your help, someone reached out to me and got it all sorted out

• AndyJPAndyJP Member Posts: 221

@mmadore

As far as I remember, HFSS 13-15 versions did not honour node name. Only dongle ID or MAC. Did it change?