Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

There Must be two Bounds Error — Ansys Learning Forum

There Must be two Bounds Error

akoral19akoral19 Member Posts: 4
edited March 20 in Photonics

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate the "Inverse design of a Y-splitter topology optimization" by changing the given pixel sizes to 20 nm to 50 nm. But I'm receiving the following error. How can we solve this error?

Tagged:

Answers

• trobertstroberts Ansys Employee Posts: 18

Hello akoral19,

This error is because the "bounds" variable needs to be an array of tuplets the same length as the parameters, with each tuplet defining the min and max values that each parameter can take. The simplest way doing that is to use the same bounds for each tuplet and multiply by an integer. Then the geometry function, initial parameters, and bounds are passed to the lumopt geometry class

bounds = [(0.2e-6, 1.2e-6)] * initial_points_y.size

polygon = FunctionDefinedPolygon(func = splitter,
                                     initial_params = initial_points_y,
                                     bounds = bounds,

• akoral19akoral19 Member Posts: 4

Thank you for your quick answer but I could not find the part that the bounds parameter defined. Can you please tell me where I can find it?