Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Static Structural tests on ansys producing results but not displaying. — Ansys Learning Forum

Static Structural tests on ansys producing results but not displaying.

F029953hF029953h Member Posts: 4

I recently attempted a static structural simulation on a model I produced on Ansys, the simulation worked correctly the first two times around displaying the von Mises stress profile however the third time around it gave me this error

"The result file C:\Users\lukef\AppData\Local\Temp\WB_lukef_11148_2\wbnew_files\dp0\SYS\MECH\file.rst cannot be opened."

And "Current result file may not contain requested result data C:\Users\lukef\AppData\Local\Temp\WB_lukef_11148_2\wbnew_files\dp0\SYS\MECH\file.rst. Please clear the solution and solve again."

I attempted resetting the solution and attempting to solve it again however It produced the same error, I tried creating a new model with new data from scratch however got the same error.

I am unsure as to what caused this issue as the only thing which was changed for the third test was two stress values.

Any solutions or suggestions around this issue would be greatly appreicated.

Answers

• mmadoremmadore Ansys Employee Posts: 823

@F029953h Could you please share a screenshot of the Tools -> Options -> Project Management from within Workbench?

• F029953hF029953h Member Posts: 4

@mmadore Hi thanks for the response,

@F029953h Could you try changing "Default Folder for Temporary Files" to something like "C:\Temp\Ansys" and make sure that directory exists, creating it if needed?

@mmadore That directory did exist and I changed the path to that however I ran the simulation again a few times and it produces the same result as before while giving the same error.

This is a screencap of the result it produces with the error. It's odd because it worked fine the first few times, producing the correct result. Since then it only produces this result.

The same error messages are produced. Although this time it's with the save location which is in a folder on my computer which backs up to one drive.

Current result file may not contain requested result data C:\Users\lukef\OneDrive\University\Individual Engineering Project\CAD\Ansys\Hex2\Hex FEA_files\dp0\SYS\MECH\file.rst. Please clear the solution and solve again.

The result file C:\Users\lukef\OneDrive\University\Individual Engineering Project\CAD\Ansys\Hex2\Hex FEA_files\dp0\SYS\MECH\file.rst cannot be opened.

@mmadore Moving the files from the one drive folder also seemingly didn't affect it in any way.

@F029953h Can you share the full contents of the solve.out file?