Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

ANSYS Workbench has stopped working — Ansys Learning Forum

ANSYS Workbench has stopped working

didsdids Member Posts: 10

Hi,

When I am starting Ansys, I get this message:

How can I fix it?

Answers

• mmadoremmadore Ansys Employee Posts: 823

@dids Was this previously working? Please try renaming your %APPDATA%\Ansys directory to %APPDATA%\Ansys.old.

• didsdids Member Posts: 10

@mmadore

No it never worked. Where is %APPDATA%\Ansys, i don't find it

@mmadore

Please share the full text of your C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\install.log and install.err files.

@mmadore

>>>--------------------------------------->

Start Installation: Paz Mar 21 20:49:08 2021

Revision: 2021 R1

Platform specifics:

Windows

Username of Installer: Apple-PC\Apple

User Has Administrator Privileges

C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp2404\instcore.exe -usetempdir C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp2404 -launchdir C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510 -admin

Initial mount directory:

C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510

Installation Directory:

C:\Users\Apple\Desktop\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student

Windows x64

EnSight

Date verification complete...No conflicts found.

The installation will copy the prerequisite setup files from the media in case you need to reconfigure later or if you need to configure client machines for products installed to a network share.

This may take a while ...

Successfully copied prerequisites from media.

You don't need to install any prerequisites.

Reading the installation media contents - please wait.

Extraction: C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510\framewrk\WINX64.7z ...

Extraction: C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510\instcore\tcl\COMMON.TGZ ...

Extraction: C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510\instcore\tcl\WINX64.TGZ ...

This looks like your install didn't go properly. Please download the product again and extract the .zip file. Once extracted you need to right-click on setup.exe within the extracted files and "Run as administrator". You should see something similar to this in the install log:

Initial mount directory:

C:\Users\Apple\Downloads\ANSYSACADEMICSTUDENT_2021R1_WINX64

Installation Directory:

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student

@mmadore I have both but i don't understand why it makes mistakes

@dids Your file indicates

Initial mount directory:

C:\Users\Apple\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa5360.29510

This would indicate that you are not installing from the extracted files, but instead directly from the zip or temp files. You must extract the zip and run the setup from the extracted files. The install.log and install.err should be in C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Ansys Student\

@mmadore I installed again but i didn't see C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Ansys Student\ this file

That's not the C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Ansys Student. That would look like this:

I understand but i don't have this file

It may not be C:\Program Files, but wherever you installed it there would be an "Ansys Inc\Ansys Student".

I found what i have to do now @mmadore

My problem is fluid flow (fluent) mesh part. I finished geometry part then i want to edit mesh part but it give error @mmadore

Did you find the %APPDATA% directory to delete the Ansys files? It is typically C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming. Please try renaming Ansys to Ansys.old. Please share the error messages if they persist.