Creating an Ansys account to login to Lumerical.com

chris_kopetskichris_kopetski Ansys Employee Posts: 28
edited June 7 in Photonics

Starting June 15, 2021, all users will be required to login to Lumerical's website using an Ansys account.

Outline

• Overview
  • Can I create my Ansys account before June 15?
  • Am I still using a legacy Lumerical account?
  • Will my account history be lost?
  • Instructions for creating an Ansys account
  • Customers in China
  • Need more help?

Overview

Lumerical's website login system (for access to product evaluations, downloads, support portal, KB, App Gallery, Lumerical University, etc) is switching from Lumerical accounts to the Ansys account system. This change is part of our ongoing efforts to integrate Lumerical's products and services with the rest of the Ansys organization.

You must create your own Ansys account. Your Lumerical account will NOT be automatically converted to an Ansys account.

Migration schedule:

• Oct 26, 2020: New users will be required to login with an Ansys Account. Existing users must continue to use their legacy Lumerical accounts.
  • June 15, 2021: All users will be required to login with an Ansys Account.

Can I create my Ansys account before June 15?

Yes, we encourage everyone to create their Ansys Account and accept the EUC in advance, to minimize any disruption. However, you must continue to use your Lumerical username/password to access Lumerical's website until June 15.

Am I still using a legacy Lumerical account?

If you registered on Lumerical's website prior to Oct 15, 2020, you are still using a Legacy account. If you can't remember when you registered, try logging into the Discovery Forum. It uses the same Ansys account system that Lumerical is moving to.

If you're still not sure, just try creating an Ansys account, as described below. It will tell you if your email address has already been used to create an Ansys account.

Will my account history be lost?

No. As long as you use the same email address to create your Ansys account, your account history (e.g. previous support tickets, progress within a Lumerical University course) will not be lost.

Instructions for creating an Ansys account

The following video shows the process of creating an Ansys Account, accepting the End-Use Certificate (EUC) and logging into lumerical.com.

Customers in China

Customers in China and Hong Kong are required to go through an additional screening step to access Lumerical's website. 

1. Create your Ansys Account
  2. Accept the EUC
  3. Contact us at the following email address and ask for access to Lumerical's website. The subject line should be: CN Screening help + Organization name + Personal name + Phone

Need more help creating your Ansys account?

If you did not receive your email verification message or experience any other problems, see Ansys account troubleshooting tips.

Comments