HOW TO PROCEED WITH DISPALCEMENT CONTROL LOADINGS IN ANSYS APDL?

PANDIMANIPANDIMANI Member Posts: 6

CAN KINDLY ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW TO DO DISPALCEMNET CONTROL ANALYSIS INSTEAD OF LOAD CONTROL FOR REINFORCED CONCRETE BEAMS ANALYSIS IN ANSYS APDL. AS IN CASE OF FORCE CONTROLLED ANALYSIS, THE COMPRESSIVE STRESS-STRAIN CURVE OF CONCRETE IS TAKEN UPTO ASCENDING BRANCH AND THEN FOLLOWED BY A HORIZONTAL PLATEAU UP TO MAXIMUM STRAIN OF CONCRETE SAY (0.003). HERE, THE SOFTENING EFFECT THAT IS THE DESCENDING CURVE CAN NOT BE TAKEN SINCE IT IS SAID IN THE LITERATURE THAT ANSYS DO OT SUPPORT DESCENDING CURVE THROUGH LOAD CONTROLLED METHOD. BUT IT IS ALSO SAID THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO CONSIDER ENTIRE (ASCENDING + DESCENDING) CURVE THROUGH DISPLACEMENT CONTROLLED ONE WHICH IS ADVANTAGES OVER THE LOAD CONTROL AND THEIR WON'T BE ANY CONVERGENCE ISSUE AS THAT OF LOAD CONTROL ONE.

kINDLY CLARIFY IF I GO WITH DISPLACEMENT CONTROL HOW DO I CHECK THE APPLIED LOAD OR RESISTED LOAD. ALSO WHAT ARE THE OTHER CHANGES I NEED TO MADE WITH DISPALCEMNET CONTROLLED ONE IN THE NONLINEAR SOLUTION TAB.

KIND REGARDS

Answers

• ekostsonekostson Posts: 224Ansys Employee
    edited March 23

hi

So where you apply a load we will then apply an enforced displacement instead - (say using a displacement in WB.Mechnanical, as shown in the image below (yellow marking), or by using D command in APDL).

In order to get the equivalent applied force , we can look at the reaction force at the applied displacement (as shown in the image below - yellow marking highlighting the Force Reaction result)

All the best.

Erik

• PANDIMANIPANDIMANI Posts: 9Member

SORRY SIR I WANT TO DO DISPALCEMNT CONTROL ANALYSIS OF RC BEAMS IN APDL NOT IN WORKBENCH. KINDLY EXPLAIN HOW TO GET THE POST PEAK CURVES OF LOAD -DEFLECTION PLOT.

• Mshrest2Mshrest2 Posts: 5Member

Select the nodes of location of load and apply displacement in the direction of load using APDL Command (D Command), After you run the analysis, sum of reactions in the selected nodes in the direction of appied displacement give the value of applied reaction.