Time domain scripting for dipole source

MANNANMANNAN Member Posts: 5

I would like to manually script the properties of a dipole source in FDTD so that the waveform of dipole looks as shown above. I need help how to script my dipole properties in the time domain as shown in the example below

How can I manually script in the dipole source code to add the following parameters in set time-domain data like pulse-type (broadband), frequency, pulse length, offset, and bandwidth?

looking forward to a fruitful discussion.

Regards

Mannan

Comments

• gsungsun Posts: 1,152Ansys Employee

you can use set("set time domain",1); to enable a tab property. One this is enabled, you can set other properties, as you did in the script, such as

set("offset",3e-12);

please note that the units in scripting are international standard, meter, second, kg etc.

you can use

?set; when an object is selected to know all its parameters

or

?setnamed("object_name") to know the parameters for a specific object.

Please try and check if all the set results are what you expect.

Please note that since the source is a pulse, even through you set the wavelength bandwidth zero, it will still be a pulse, meaning it will radiate em waves in a broadband.

• MANNANMANNAN Posts: 10Member

Thanks a lot it worked

Thank you for letting me know this! good luck in your project!

• MANNANMANNAN Posts: 10Member

Could you please further help in regarding the this

x=linspace(-d/2,d/2,N); # x position vector

for (i=1:N) {

adddipole;

set("x",x(i)); 

set("y",0);

set("z",0);

This code will make a line of N dipoles along the x-axis between length -d till d. with equal spacing

Suggestions required in making a script that will make a cone of dipole along xz direction with radius r in x-direction and depth along z-axis 

Looking forward to hearing soo

The code looks good for me. In order to make the dipoles to be in a cone in xz plane, you will need to change x(i) and z(i) as a cone, and then place the dipoles there. Please try to modify your script.