Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

ANSYS 2019 R3 won't open — Ansys Learning Forum

ANSYS 2019 R3 won't open

Sabrinam97Sabrinam97 Member Posts: 6

I am running ANSYS 2019 R3 on my university-owned PC. The software connects to the university server via VPN. I installed it, it was running fine, and then suddenly will no longer run. The software tries to open, but crashes before the user interface opens. The following error shows on the license manager center:

Licensing Interconnect: not running

Licensing Interconnect Monitor: not running

FlexNet Licensing: not running

I have done a clean uninstall and reinstall twice and it still does not run.

My university IT department doesn't know how to resolve it.

How could this problem be resolved?

Tagged:

Answers

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,851
    edited March 23

Have you stopped and re-started the licence manager? Use "run as admin" when you do this. Otherwise it's over to @mmadore and the installation experts. Losing the VPN connection tends to cause the licence manager to fail: it's improved in 2021R1 as we also suffer the same issue whilst working from home.

• Sabrinam97Sabrinam97 Member Posts: 6

Hi, how do I stop and re-start the license manager? Please explain a bit more as I haven't tried this. I am currently connected to the VPN and it still doesn't open.

• mmadoremmadore Ansys Employee Posts: 823

@Sabrinam97 You do not need to run the license manager on your local machine as your VPN connection is your connection to the campus license server. Does it give you any error messages or popups of any kind?

The only error I can find is the following:

Licensing Interconnect: not running

Licensing Interconnect Monitor: not running

FlexNet Licensing: not running

When I tried to open the Server ANSLIC_ADMIN utility (run as administrator) I cannot do what this post How to: Fix ANSYS Workbench FLEXlm error | John Kaiser Calautit (wordpress.com) says. My PC does not have the option to stop and start the license manager that way.

The admin utility gave the following error:

Mar 23, 2021 14:12: Attempting to reset the product order back to the original order...

The product order file was successfully reset to the order it had immediately

after installation.

NOTE: Either a reread of the license manager settings or a restart of

the license manager is required before this change will go into effect

on the license manager.

I also see that my admin utility doesn't have the stop/start license manager option at all.

@Sabrinam97 You do not need to do any of that. You do not need to run the license manager on your local machine. There is no need for you to touch the License Management Center or Server ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility.

What happens when you try running ANSYS Products?

After I connect to the VPN and start Workbench, the ANSYS logo shows, and then crashes immediately.

Please send the text of your C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\ansyslmd.ini file. Can you also run the Windows command "dxdiag" and send the full exported data?