Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Mechanical Failed to open the database: The Mechanical editor does not have a valid license. — Ansys Learning Forum

Mechanical Failed to open the database: The Mechanical editor does not have a valid license.

jadh0185jadh0185 Member Posts: 7

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Ansys from 2019R1 to 2021R1. I have licenses for EM and Mechanical. When I try to open Mechanical 2021R1 it opens up workbench and then shows up this error. I tried renaming to V201 to V201_old and registering the dlls as per an old thread on the forum which did now work for me.

From another thread, I saw this command and tried it. It says MECH_STRUCT does not exist in license pool.

Finally, here is what the file at the app data folder says (from the location on the error msg)

Tried reinstalling everything again and it still won't work. Can you please help me with this?

Answers