Rotating cylinder with zones with different temperature boundaries

ndvpndvp Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I have this geometry, in which I want to rotate all three walls but have wall 1 and 3 adiabatic and wall 2 with a constant temperature. I tried to set wall 1,2 and 3 as a single wall, but I am unable to make the zone labeled wall 2 constant temperature. May I know how I could approach this problem?

Answers

• 1shan1shan Posts: 312Ansys Employee
    edited March 25

Hello @ndvp,

What is the exact issue that you are facing? Are you not able to select the surface corresponding to wall 2? You may have to split the surface using "split body option" under design in spaceclaim.

Regards,

Ishan.

• ndvpndvp Posts: 6Member

Hi Ishan, thank you for the reply. I am able to select the surface at wall 2 and assign a temperature and keep wall 1 and 3 adiabatic but I'm not sure how to rotate all three walls at the same time. Also may I know if I rotate only wall 2 if this would be an issue? I'm currently trying to rotate all three walls together.

Regards,

ndvp

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Posts: 11,404Member

@ndvp

What is the purpose of rotating the walls?

How does rotating the walls affect the solution?

@peteroznewman

I'm trying to model flow of sorbet through a mixer there's blades inside the cylinder, and I'm trying to rotate the walls to simulate the mixing. At section 2 the sorbet is cooled and the two other walls are adiabatic.

@1shan

Hello Ishan,

Could I get some help on this problem? I'm still not sure how I could go about it.

Best,

ndvp

• 1shan1shan Posts: 312Ansys Employee

Hello @ndvp,

What kind of analysis system are you using? It is not possible to include the rotating wall condition in transient thermal. You need to go for a CFD analysis using Fluent if you want to simulate the effect of mixing and fluid flow on heat transfer (something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQ_htOXzSw). Please repost the problem under the Fluids category so that people of relevant expertise can look into your problem.

Regards,

Ishan.