Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

How to model Carbon Nano Tube in Concrete using the RVE in Material Designer? — Ansys Learning Forum

How to model Carbon Nano Tube in Concrete using the RVE in Material Designer?

samta0603samta0603 Member Posts: 2

I have modelled the CNT and Concrete using Random UD in Material Designer. But I am not sure if this is correct, it is working for a specific fiber volume fraction and for higher fiber volume fraction it is not meshing the model. Please guide me with some Steps, finally I want to do the compression test for the sample.

Best Answer

• ramgopisettiramgopisetti Member Posts: 102
    Accepted Answer

Hi @samta0603 , it will mesh as long as you are not too aggressive with percentage of cnt and mesh size , however, based on system you use it might take time to compute and update mesh.that said, These are my initial guess , if you could able to post the image with proxy percentages you could get better support here

cheers, Ram

Answers

• ramgopisettiramgopisetti Member Posts: 102
    Accepted Answer

Hi @samta0603 , it will mesh as long as you are not too aggressive with percentage of cnt and mesh size , however, based on system you use it might take time to compute and update mesh.that said, These are my initial guess , if you could able to post the image with proxy percentages you could get better support here

cheers, Ram

• samta0603samta0603 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 28

Thank you @ramgopisetti . I have kept the percentage really less starting from 0.15% of cement. I have generated the results also, I used UD Random Composite, it gave the results, but to study the effect of orientation I wanted to model in Chopped Fiber Composite, but there it is showing some memory issue. I have a 8GB Ram laptop, it says it needs 4GB, but still it is not working.

It is asking to increase the virtual memory, I tried that also. But still it is having memory problem.

Also I performed the compression on the cuboid of size 150mm, as I increase the % of CNT the total deformation and equivalent stress is decreasing but the normal stress is increasing, what can be the mistake?