Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,491) — Ansys Learning Forum

Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,491)

Conorryan98Conorryan98 Member Posts: 8

Hi there,

I am trying to connect ANSYS to my home universities license (ANSYS Academic Teaching Introductory) from a different university's computer where I am working remotely. I use a VPN connection to connect and have inputted the correct information for Ansys license port, FlexLM license server and FlexLM license port. When I use the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility tp check the status of my license, I get the error "Error getting status: License server machine is down or not responding. (-96,491)". I have been in touch with my home university and they said that my VPN IP address has been allowed access. I previously installed the student version and there was an older 18.1 version of ANSYS on the computer which I uninstalled and deleted all the relevant files, app data etc. that I could find. I'm not sure if this will make a difference. I read online that the computer's firewall may have something to do with and I tried to make a new rule to allow access to certain ports but I don't know if this worked correctly.

If someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Answers