Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Ansys 2021R1 Toolbox empty — Ansys Learning Forum

Ansys 2021R1 Toolbox empty

Hi, I downloaded, and installed v211 ANSYS Student version (the first, and only time I installed ANSYS on this PC) in Feb 2021, and started it once to make sure it was working, and it worked fine.

I shut it down, and now almost two months later, my toolbox vanished when I opened it again. I never used it except for the first time to check everything was working.

Here's a picture of the workbench.

The Geometry is there because when I choose it from Component Systems, I can't even open it. Double clicking does nothing, and the (Ready) symbol on the bottom left doesn't change, so it's not that it's slow, or anything.

I tried resetting the workspace, and nothing.

I've tried following this question, but it's too different than my case https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/2314/analysis-system-missing-19-1-student-version

for example, "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util" this path doesn't exist for me.

here's a screenshot of that folder:

Path: "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64"

I've tried some of the steps that they did that I was able to do

Typing Set in the CMD shows my paths are all directing to version 211 which is the only one I ever installed here.

I tried going to %appdata%\Ansys and renaming v211 to reset it, and when I open workbench, it asks if I want to be part of a survey or something, and when I pass that, nothing changes. Still missing toolbox.

P.S. I've also tried running as Admin.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Nawaf_ArNawaf_Ar Member Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer

Hi, to anyone experiencing this issue.

I've managed to solve it for now (hopefully doesn't happen again), by doing a complete uninstall.

Go to your install directory, unconfigure everything, uninstall ansys, delete the ansys file in Appdata\Roaming reset your PC, delete the installation file, and redownload it, and install all over, should work now. No clue why it didn't before, also I've tried doing any of these steps on their own, and it didn't work. Only by doing everything did it work.

Answers

• Nawaf_ArNawaf_Ar Member Posts: 2
    Accepted Answer

Hi, to anyone experiencing this issue.

I've managed to solve it for now (hopefully doesn't happen again), by doing a complete uninstall.

Go to your install directory, unconfigure everything, uninstall ansys, delete the ansys file in Appdata\Roaming reset your PC, delete the installation file, and redownload it, and install all over, should work now. No clue why it didn't before, also I've tried doing any of these steps on their own, and it didn't work. Only by doing everything did it work.

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,851

@Nawaf_Ar

The original licence key was mis-coded to give you about a month of use and not the 12 it should have. So, in this case the uninstall & re-download fixed it. You don't normally have to do that.