Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Error:NO legacy ANSYS license file found — Ansys Learning Forum

Error:NO legacy ANSYS license file found

KCHENGKCHENG Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I have downloaded ANSYS 2020 R2 from website of my university.It shows there is no license data.

Error log

and no analysis system available.I will post some sreenshot of files that you might have interest.

enviroment variables

license data file

license manager stopped

I have downloaded ANSYS twice yesterday.I installed first ANSYS 19.2, i cant use analysis system in toolbox.So i deinstalled 19.2 and installed 2020R2.But it shows my license data is missing.....

If someone can help what should i do?

Thank you!

Kun

Best Answer

• DavidYDavidY Irvine, CAForum Coordinator Posts: 15
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

It looks like you connect to your university's license server, so you don't need to worry about the licensing locally. Can you confirm the server and port information and connection with your university? Double check with them and make sure the server name and port you entered is correct, and if you need to change them, open the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility ( run as admin ), and then Specify a License Machine Server. Ask them if you need to be connected to a certain network and/or VPN.

Answers

• DavidYDavidY Irvine, CAForum Coordinator Posts: 15
    Accepted Answer

Hello,

It looks like you connect to your university's license server, so you don't need to worry about the licensing locally. Can you confirm the server and port information and connection with your university? Double check with them and make sure the server name and port you entered is correct, and if you need to change them, open the Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility ( run as admin ), and then Specify a License Machine Server. Ask them if you need to be connected to a certain network and/or VPN.