Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Solid Model is Not Visible in Workbench — Ansys Learning Forum

Solid Model is Not Visible in Workbench

I am using this student software for the first time, I tried to import a solid model in forms: .STL, . IGES, etc. The screen automatically opens up "SpaceClaim" and the model is visible in "SpaceClaim", when I try to export the model in workbench I know I have to use .ANF (Ansys Neutral File). But for some reason I do not have this option. When I go back to workbench, "Geometry" under "Static Structural" has two lower case letters "sc" and the model is also not visible in workbench. What am I supposed to do in order to get the model in workbench in order to analyze it? I see no DSP connection as well and I don't know if I need to fix my licenses and what do I do to fix it.

Answers

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator Posts: 8,851

As you can open files it sounds like the software is working. If you click on "Help" in Workbench navigate up to the list of software and find the solver of interest. The tutorials will guide you through the whole process.