Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

how to simulate the RCS of an antenna array with an active circuit network? — Ansys Learning Forum

how to simulate the RCS of an antenna array with an active circuit network?

mayankaimayankai Member Posts: 3

The RCS simulation in HFSS is modeled as a incident wave port or Floquet port excitation and the feed port (coaxial cable) is set as a match load. I need to connect the feed ports with an active circuit network, which is will affect to RCS even if the circuit network is not activated. The co-simulation of ANSYS supports to extract the s parameter in HFSS and import to circuit model. However, it didn't support that import the circuit model to HFSS. it seems that we need to import the circuit model to HFSS.

Answers

• pmunagapmunaga Forum Coordinator Posts: 138

Hi @mayankai,

Please share the version of tool that you are using.

I think you are not able to see the changes made using Circuit in the HFSS model. Please confirm.

I would suggest you to go through the following video regarding the cosimulation process between HFSS and Circuit Steps to Co-simulation Using Ansys HFSS and Circuit - YouTube.

All the very best.

• mayankaimayankai Member Posts: 3

I am using ansys 2020R2. I have already seen the video.

it does solve the radiation simulation of antenna array with active circuit. However, when it comes to scattering problem, it does not work. Because when we simulate RCS of finite array, we have to use incident wave port as excitation and the port of antenna is deactivated. But when the HFSS simulation is done and I copy the HFSS model to circuit model, the incident wave port does not display.

I have tried the floquet port. it can display in the circuit. however, the floquet port can not use in finite array.

so I am completely confused. Does the current version ansys support to solve this kind problem?

• pmunagapmunaga Forum Coordinator Posts: 138

Hi @mayankai,

Please let us know why you want to use circuit components to study the RCS simulation?

Thank you.

• mayankaimayankai Member Posts: 3

The RCS is not only related to the strcuture of antenna but affected by the back-end reflection. So I want to evaluate the performance of RCS reduction when the antenna port is connected with cirucit networks.