Cylindrical Support in ANSYS ACP

Sam1Sam1 Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I am modeling a lug-like structure in static structural linked from ACP and wanted to use a cylindrical support for the hole. However, I was unable to select the geometry using either the shell or the solid model from ACP. When I click on the edge/face by itself, the entire circle is highlighted and in CAD, it was created on a flat plane. Is there something I am missing or a potential work around?

Comments

• 1shan1shan Posts: 282Ansys Employee

Hello @Sam1,

I don't fully understand your question. Do you mean that the geometric features that existed in ACP are not visible/selectable in static structural? Please check this https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/2831/geometry-areas-and-symmetries-transfer-after-acp and see if it helps.

Regards,

Ishan.

• Sam1Sam1 Posts: 2Member

Hi @1shan,

To clarify what I was asking, I meant that the edge of the circle/face created in either shell/solid model from ACP. is selectable in the following static structural and it is highlighted when I click on it. But when I go to try and apply a cylindrical support, it is not able to select it as a usable support.

• 1shan1shan Posts: 282Ansys Employee

Hello @Sam1,

You could try a work around. Create a cylindrical coordinate system at the center of the hole with proper orientation. Using node selection select all the circumferential nodes, RMB> named selection. Then insert a nodal orientation object, scope it to the named selection and the cylindrical coordinate system (this will orient the nodes in the new coordinate system). Next insert a nodal displacement, scope it to the named selection and then specify the DOFs (which will now be in the cylindrical coordinates).

Regards,

Ishan.