Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Defining Acoustic Contacts — Ansys Learning Forum

Defining Acoustic Contacts

JanD3004JanD3004 Member Posts: 9
edited April 2 in 3D Design

Hello,

I want to run an harmonic acoustic for a pump and I got some problems in terms of the defintion of acoustic contacts. I am already aware that I could apply the same mesh topology to suppress the contact between two acoustic bodies but if I do so I got meshing problems.

Now I have tested if I could run the simulation without applying the same mesh topology creating contacts between the volumes and the solution seems accurate for small geometries (pipes, cross-section jumps). But if I start to simulate a muffler or parts of the pump I notice some inaccuracies.

How can I achieve different mesh topologies without getting problems regarding contancts? If that is not possible, how should the contact be defined to get reasonable results?

Edit: Sorry wrong forum, could somebody move it Structures?

Thanks in advance

Greetings

Jan