Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

General query — Ansys Learning Forum

General query

I want to do cfd in my project ( shell and tube HE). which softwares shall I use..? I know for cfd cfx will be used. But in which software I can create mesh file for cfd..?

Answers

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member Posts: 11,369
    edited April 4

@vision22111999

Start the software called Workbench.2021 R1 (or whatever version you installed).

That has a column of Analysis Systems and component systems on the left and a large blank space called the Project Schematic.

Drag and drop the Fluid Flow (CFX) item into the blank space. That will have a Geometry cell to create in the geometry editor SpaceClaim (or DesignModeler).

When you click on Mesh, that will open the Meshing program. Once you have a mesh, you can close that program then double click on the Setup cell.

The other CFD code is called Fluent.

There are many free Learning Courses at the top of this site.