Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Simulation of electromechanical transducer based vibration absorber for reducing vibration of plate? — Ansys Learning Forum

Simulation of electromechanical transducer based vibration absorber for reducing vibration of plate?

srbhpalsrbhpal Member Posts: 1
edited April 5 in Structures

I am having a thin plate which is being excited by dipole sound source placed at certain distance. I want to see the effect of placing electromechanical transducer based vibration absorber on the plate. The absorber consist of a annular permanent magnet fixed in space. A coil is attached to a plate with its axis perpendicular to the plate and coinciding with the axis of the magnet. When a plate vibrates coil moves inside a magnet and as result current is induced it the coil this coil's terminals are connected to external LCR circuit and the circuit is tuned with the frequency of dipole sound source. Please have a look at a attached diagram which shows schematic of electromechanical transducer based absorber.

I want to simulate this in ANSYS workbench. Can any body tell me how to do it. I am stuck.