Ansys Learning Forum Maintenance

NOTICE: We will be performing backend maintenance of our Learning Forum from April 5 to April 12, 2021. The result will be a new infrastructure but with little impact to user experience and design. Currently the forum is accessible in read-only mode as we complete our final migration. Thank you for your patience. For urgent issues please visit HERE.

Technical support for lumerical installation — Ansys Learning Forum

Technical support for lumerical installation

SamSongAnsysSamSongAnsys Member Posts: 5

To those who may concern,

Since Lumerical has been acquired by Ansys, I am not sure how to ask for in-person technical support for my license installation.

Previously, due to some issue, the license installation needs some in-person technical support from lumerical and it works smoothly. Now, since we moved to the Ansys forum, I am not sure whether I could get an in-person support for my license installation.

Sincerely,

Hao

Answers

• gsungsun Ansys Employee Posts: 227

Hi, Hao, if you have premium support, you can still send us email or call us to get support. Please check your license and see if you have such quota.

• SamSongAnsysSamSongAnsys Member Posts: 5

Thanks for your prompt answer. I have one problem. The license server could work for local machine. However, when I use a remote workstation to access the license, it fails. Could you help me troubleshoot?

Since you did not provide more details, I am not sure what is your actual situation: How many computers are involved? 2 or 3?

two: license+simulation file computer and a home computer;

three: license computer, simulation computer (workstation), and home computer.

please give some detailed description.

Hi,

There are 2 computer involved.

Computer1 : license server+ simulation machine

Computer2: simulation machine

edited April 5

So computer1 works fine, but you want to use computer2 to remote access computer1? please search the old kx forum to find some solutions, as this new forum has no such posts and we cannot use the link. If you still have problem, you may send us email and refer this post. I guess that they are not in the same sub-network.

Hi gsun,

That's werid. I am pretty sure they are in the same sub-network. This methodh works when it is under old lumerical system. Since we just renew our license and install the ansys server manager, it seems not working.

Sincerely,

Hao

Hi gsun,

I have one more question. Previous, Lito Yap helped with the license issue. We setup a remote Zoom screen sharing and it fully solved my problem. I fully understood the system changes might affect the support level. But I wonder if I could get directly contact with Lito Yap or someone who are familar with these license issue.

SIncerely,

Hao

Ansys License Manager may be a little complicated. I will ask Lito to help you once he is in office.