I am facing some trouble with Heat solver. Kindly reply to my queries:
- What is the minimum value required of "uniform heat source" for creating significant impact?
- How to check "Boundary" results? I can see so many results in boundary and unable to figure out the exact match with input power, how to do that?
- When applying uniform heat source to a volume, the volume itself will also be included in the simulation (unlike if thermal boundary condition is used); meaning the thermal conductance of the material should also be relevant.-I gave uniform heat source to a volume (i.e. Graphene) but if I change material to Si or Silica, then also thermal profile doesn't change. It's not considering the thermal properties of material. I cross verified with the Lumerical example also https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042833673-Thermally-tuned-waveguide-FDE-. Is it correct?
- I used "power boundary condition" in place of "uniform heat source" in the Lumerical example https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042833673-Thermally-tuned-waveguide-FDE- and it gives same temperature profile. But it doesn't show same behavior for my structure. In my structure heater is smaller than waveguide and placed just above the waveguide but in the given lumerical example, it's farther and larger than waveguide, please check the attached files. What is the difference in "power boundary condition" and "uniform heat source"?
- How the results are dependent on "norm length" in 2D simulations? It's varying with "norm length".
I attached ppt as well as lumerical file. Kindly check it, it will be great help.
Looking forward to your reply!!